- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Action Comedy Falls Short: Aadhavan
Cast: Suriya, Nayanthara, Saroja Devi, Murali, Anandh Babu and Vadivelu
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Director: K.S. Ravikumar
Aadhavan is a typical K.S. Ravikumar movie that aims to provide wholesome entertainment with action, comedy, sentiment, romance, music and masala. While there is no doubt that the movie has the potential to be clean entertainment, it also has a few flaws that could mar the overall impact.
The basic premise of the movie is quite interesting. Aadhavan (Suriya) is a professional assassin, sharpshooter, jet setter, and high flyer. His precision in shooting brings him a big assignment, which would get him millions. A judge, who is about to table his findings on a sensational case, is the target. Aadhavan shoots him but the bullet misses and the judge survives.
Aadhavan, with huge money and reputation at stake, vows to complete the job at any cost.
Though the movie starts off well with a thrilling element and continues to entertain with humor, the narrative gets stuck in the middle and the movie loses its grip halfway through. The events do move at a steady pace but it proves to be inadequate with the unimaginative climax flattering to deceive.
The magic expected in the combination of a successful director and a sensational young star is somehow missing. Ravikumar has exploited the talents of Suriya but he has failed to make the fare distinctive. Some of the flaws in the script are difficult to accept.
The song “Dekho Dekho” could have been avoided. “Yaeno Panithulli” and “Hasili Fisili” have rich visuals and attractive tunes.
Aadhavan should be applauded for its technical brilliance. Portraying Suriya as a 10 year old boy is praiseworthy though the graphics work is below par. R. Ganesh’s camerawork has made the songs spectacular.
Suriya handles the not-so-challenging role with amazing ease. He excels in action. Nayanthara sans glamour looks fresh. Saroja Devi, appearing on screen after 12 years, brings in her trade mark charm. Murali is authoritative in what is sadly his last film. Anandh Babu, who shakes a leg in the opening song, defies age.
It is Vadivelu who comes out flying colors amidst a horde of talented actors. He brings vibrancy every time he appears on screen.