- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Clean Energy Research: Indo-U.S. Center
India and the U.S. recently signed an agreement for cooperation on a Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center. A Siliconeer report.
India’s ambassador to the U.S. Meera Shankar (r) shakes hands with Daniel Poneman, deputy secretary at the U.S. Department of Energy, after they signed the Agreement for Cooperation on a Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center on Aug. 20. [Photo: SHIPP/DOE]
India’s ambassador to the U.S. Meera Shankar and Daniel Poneman, deputy secretary at the U.S. Department of Energy, initialed the agreement for cooperation on a Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center on Aug. 20, according to a press release from the Indian embassy.
“The center will facilitate joint research and development by teams of scientists and engineers from the U.S. and India on clean energy and related joint activities, needed to deploy clean energy technologies rapidly with the greatest impact,” the release added.
The areas of cooperation includes energy efficiency of buildings, smart grids, unconventional natural gas, second-generation bio fuels, clean coal technologies and solar energy. Both governments will provide funding for the activities to help ensure long-term and stable financial support to achieve the objectives of the center. Private industry and academia in both countries are also expected to provide additional resources.
“This agreement is a significant step forward in strengthening cooperation between the two countries in an area of increasing national and international priority,” the release said. “Technology breakthroughs will be critical in achieving energy security in a clean and sustainable manner and the Joint India-U.S. Research Centre could be a valuable catalyst in the process.”
During the visit of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Washington, D.C. in November 2009, India and the U.S. signed an MOU to enhance cooperation on energy security, energy efficiency and climate change. Priority initiatives under the MOU included the setting up of a joint research center to foster innovation and joint efforts to accelerate deployment of clean energy technologies.