- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Donut, Desi Style: Balushahi
For the sweet-toothed, here’s an Indian recipe that has more than a whiff of Americana, courtesy Chef Sanjay Patel.
(Above): Balushahi [SILICONEER photo]
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter or ghee
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 8 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup crushed pistachios
- Also: cooking oil.
Syrup — Bring water to a boil. Add sugar. Cook syrup till you have a two thread consistency.
Donuts — Mix dry flour, baking soda and cardamom. Cut in butter resembling bread crumbs. Add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time and knead to form very stiff dough.
Divide dough into 1 to 1½-inch-sized balls. Preheat vegetable oil in the deep fryer to 325ºF. Press the dough ball into a patty. Depress the center slightly.
Fry doughnuts till golden brown. Use tongs to dunk the doughnuts in the syrup and remove them. Sprinkle crushed pistachios over the doughnuts.
Sanjay Patel has a degree from the Culinary Institute in Birmingham, U.K., and is certified in food and hygiene. He was named 1996 Chef of the Year by Quality Cuisine, U.K. Patel is executive chef at Milan restaurant in Milpitas, Calif.