- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
A Sweet Celebration: Dil Hai Hindustani
With Indian’s celebrating Independence Day all over the world, Sudha Gupta presents a recipe to add a dash of sweetness to the festivities.
(Above): Dil Hai Hindustani [SILICONEER photo]
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 pinch saffron
- 1/4 tsp orange color
- 1/4 tsp green color
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- Almonds for decoration
- One heart shape mold
Wash and boil ½ cup rice in a pan. Add orange color. When rice is cooked drain it and mix with 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, ½ tsp sugar, a pinch of saffron and rice in a Corning Ware dish and cover with a Corning Ware plate.
Put the dish in a microwave oven and heat for 5 min. Remove and stir well. Then reheat the dish for another 5 min in the microwave and keep aside.
Boil the remaining ½ cup rice with green color. Follow the same directions as above (same process as the orange rice) and keep aside.
Put one layer of green rice in mold than in between one layer of grated coconut and on top orange rice layer. Take out from mold.
Decorate with almonds and pinch of saffron.
Sudha Gupta lives in Fremont, Calif.