- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Music for Kids: Agami Fundraiser
San Francisco Bay Area-based nonprofit Agami, which supports basic education projects for underprivileged kids in Bangladesh is hosting its annual fundraiser May. 30. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): Bangladeshi kids pose in a small town. The Bay Area-based nonprofit Agami is will host a fundraiser to support basic education projects.
Agami, a registered non-profit organization dedicated to bringing education to underprivileged children in Bangladesh headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, will host its annual fundraiser May 30, according to a press release from the organization.
“We are counting on your active support and donation,” said Agami volunteer Farzana Sultana in an email message to supporters. “You may wish to forward this e-mail to interested donors.”
The fundraiser will aim to raise funds for ongoing as well as upcoming projects.
Ongoing projects include three new schools in Khulna as well as a girls’ high school in Comilla and Madaripur. Two new projects to be launched in 2009 will aim to spread education to larger underprivileged areas throughout Bangladesh.
“The movie Slumdog Millionaire has given a face to the children of the slums and allowed the world to experience from the comfort of their own homes the lives of those in poverty,” said Mahmudul Hassan, vice president of Agami. “Education is the only tool that will bring the children of Bangladesh out of the darkness of poverty and into a brighter future.”
The annual fundraiser will be an evening dedicated to empowering children through education and building for their future. The event will include dinner followed by musical entertainment by Chandan and rock band Run for Cover. The event will be held at the TiE Center in Santa Clara at 6pm. Tickets, priced at $15 for adults, $10 for children ages 10 and younger, can be purchased through the Web site.
Agami, founded in July 2003, promotes basic education in Bangladesh for underprivileged children. Through various short and long-term projects, the group brings education to rural and poor urban slum areas of Bangladesh. The final goal of Agami is to create a self-sustaining entity, be it a village or town that will become self sufficient to the point where it no longer needs funds from outside sources.
Agami Annual Fundraiser
Date : Saturday, May 30 • 6:00 p.m.
Place : TiE Center – Silicon Valley
2903 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 108, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tickets : $15 (children $10)
Tickets can be bought from the Agami Web site
Email Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site : www.agami.org