- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Festival of Lights: Diwali in Cupertino
The Cupertino Chamber of Commerce and the Asian American Business Council celebrated its Seventh Annual Diwali-Festival of Lights Sept. 26 at Memorial Park in Cupertino, Calif. The day-long event presented a festive atmosphere of sari-festooned trees, spectacular lanterns, and a cultural kaleidoscope of activities and performances. A Siliconeer photo essay.
All photos copyright: Siliconeer.
Complete event photos are available by clicking here
(Above): Rep. Mike Honda, D-Calif., Cupertino Mayor Orin Mahoney (l) lighting the traditional lamp to mark the opening of the 7th. Annual Diwali Festival in Cupertino, Calif. Sept. 26.
(Above): Mahesh Nihalani delivering a welcome note. Nihalani is one of the key organizers of the Diwali festival in Cupertino and a board member of the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce.
(Above): Performers of all ages kept the audience glued to their seats throughout the day with superb Indian classical, regional and Bollywood dances. These kids go through extensive training in dance through local Bay Area dance schools. The dedication and hard work of the teachers, parents and kids was clearly visible as the event proceeded like clockwork.
(Above): Kids performing a Bollywood dance item. The scorching heat was no match for these enthusiastic little wonders.
(Above): Apple Ipod for each winner! A young participant gets one for winning a youth competition at the Cupertino Diwali festival, Sept. 26.
(Above): A belly-dancing group added a few degrees to the scorching heat.
(Above): Local seniors performing a Hawaiian song and dance item.
(Above): Bay Area sitarist Pandit Habib Khan presented a concert with students from his school of Indian music. Habib Khan has been a part of the festival for past few years. This year the audience was treated to a new beat. Pandit Habib Khan on tabla.
(Above): A mehendi artist applying henna tatoos at the festival.