- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
|TAMIL FILM REVIEW:
Redundant Script: Kavalan
Cast: Vijay, Asin, Raj Kiran, Vadivelu, Mithra and Roja | Music: Vidyasagar | Directed by: Vijay
Kavalan is the remake of the Malayalam hit Bodyguard by the same director and was a much awaited film due also to the return of Vijay –Asin pair.
The film shows Vijay in a different light sans punchy dialogues and political references, and the movie gets slow and repetitive. However, Vijay does look endearing in many places. Also, the comic scenes with Vadivelu manage to keep the film moving.
Bhoominathan (Vijay) is sent to become the bodyguard of Semmanur Muthuramalingam (Raj Kiran). However, he ends up as the bodyguard of the man’s daughter Meera (Asin).
The girl at first dislikes having him around and just to fob him off she pretends to fall in love with him, faking it with calls from a private mobile number. In this she is helped by her friend Madhu (Mithra Kuriyan).
Her ploy backfires as Bhoomi falls in love with the girl who calls him. He is genuinely ignorant of the fact that it is none other than Meera, whose safety is his primary duty. Meera is impressed by his sincerity towards his duty despite having fallen in love. She develops a deep love but she doesn’t reveal her identity in her private calls to Bhoomi.
Though the drama over the calls from a private number creates some interest, the redundant nature of the scenes puts off the viewer. The climax twist (in the train) is interesting but the final scene (reunion) seems artificial.
The chemistry between Asin and Vijay falls flat and so does the combo of Vijay-Vadivelu. The talented comedian has become quite predictable.
Vijay has done his part well in a relatively soft role. He scores in romantic scenes and emotes well when he encounters disappointment.
Asin’s poor characterization mars her efforts. But the girl has shown that she hasn’t missed her vibrancy on screen. Mithra is quite impressive while Raj Kiran and Roja are passable.
The movie loses its edge thanks to a loose and redundant script.
What remains in our mind is that Vijay’s brave effort to come out of the beaten path of mindless action movies.