- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Celebrating Heritage: Gujarat Day
The Bay Area Gujarati Samaj of Northern California celebrated Gujarat Day May 24, writes Pravin Desai.
(Above): On the occasion of Gujarat Day celebrations May 24, a Gujarati family from the San Francisco Bay Area poses in front of an elegantly decorated traditional Gujarati bullock cart.
(Below, Right): Event president Naranjibhai V. Patel presenting a memento and a bouquet of flowers to guest of honor Purushottambhai Rupala. (Pravin Desai photos)
Since its inception as an independent state of Gujarat on May 1,1960, Gujarati families from all walks of life, whether residing in India or anywhere around the world, celebrate Gujarat Day.
For the past three years the Bay Area Gujarati Samaj of Northern California has marked the day as the start of a new Gujarat under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
This year’s celebration was organized under the leadership of social worker and hotel-motel entrepreneur Naranjibhai V. Patel.
The Gujarati Samaj marked Gujarat Day this year on May 24 at the Sunnyvale Hindu Temple and Community Center. The Bharatiya Janta Party’s Gujarat state president Purushottambhai Rupala, his wife Savitaben, Surat-based developer Manaharbhai Kakadiya and his wife Varshaben flew in from Ahmedabad to attend the festivities.
The day-long event was attended by many members of Gujarati community residing in and around the Bay Area. The day’s festivities included an exhibition, various cultural and food booths and cultural programs presented by local talent.
An informative souvenir prepared by Subhash Shah and C.B. Patel was released by the guest of honor.
The Bay Area Gujarati Samaj of Northern California this year honored six members for social work. The award ceremony was conducted by Naranjibhai V. Patel, who commended recipients for their contribution and selfless social service.
This year’s awards were presented to former NFIA president, hotel owner and social worker Hareshbhai Panchal, writer, poet and city council member Bharatbhai Desai, community ambassador Urmilaben R. Patel, social worker Vallabhbhai Patel, Gujarat Darpan-California edition bureau chief Subhash Shah and Pravin Desai, a freelance columnist and photographer for his media coverage of the Bay Area Gujarati community.
Pravin Desai is a freelance journalist and photographer based in in the San Francisco Bay Area.