- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Kal Ki Yaadein: A Concert By BayVP
Performers rendered evergreen melodies by Mohd. Rafi and Mukesh at a concert hosted by the Bay Area Youth Vaishnav Pariwar to support the construction of a temple, writes Pravin Desai.
(Above): Talented exponents of the evergreen songs of golden voices of yesteryear’s Hindi cinema at “Kal Ki Yaadein,” a concert hosted by the Bay Area Youth Vaishnav Pariwar (l-r): The anchor, Anila Gohil (Lata and Asha), Daksha Gohil (Noorjahan), Dr. Kamlesh Awasthi (Mukesh), Bankim Pathak (Mohd. Rafi) and Niraj Pathak (Kishore Kumar). [Shashi Desai/DreamSnaps photo]
Over 450 Vaishnav Pariwar devotees as well as Hindi music lovers took a delightful walk down memory lane as noted singers Bankim Pathak and Dr. Kamlesh Awasthi recreated the voice of unforgettable Bollywood playback singers Mohammed Rafi and Mukesh at a musical concert, “Kal Ki Yaadein.”
Hosted Dec. 8 at the Chabot College Auditorium in Hayward, Calif., the concert was presented by the Bay Area Youth Vaishnav Pariwar to raise funds for Shrinathji Haveli, a proposed temple in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The concert began with an ode to Krishna, “Shrinathji maara ghatmaa birajtaa shrinathji.” Both Pathak and Awasthi presented all-time favorite songs of as early ’40s up to the ’70s with Daksha Gohil, Anila Gohil and Niraj Pathak.
BAYVP volunteers Shashi Desai with Ravi Desai presented video clips of BAYVP activities. Sureshbhai Gandhi and Saumil Shah gave details of newly acquired premises of the old BAPS temple in Milpitas, Calif.
Singer Bankim Pathak, himself handicapped, talked about his charity work for physically disabled people in Gujarat.
In 2004, Pathak launched his signature project under the Bankim Pathak Foundation at the Saraswati High School in Maninagar, Gujarat by giving a gift of tricycles for needy physically disabled persons. The idea of giving a tricycle is to encourage independence.
Pravin Desai is a freelance journalist and photographer based in the San Francisco Bay Area.