- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Voice - Internet - TV
- AKSHAY PATRA - Bay Area Event - Sat. Dec 6
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Loden Place - Morgan Hill
- Bombay to Goa Restaurant, Sunnyvale
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: December Events
- ARYA Global Cuisine, Cupertino - New Year's Eve Party - Belly Dancing and more
- Bhindi Jewellers - ROLEX
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation - Chappan Bhog - Sunnyvale Temple - Nov 16, 2014 - 1 PM
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and CPAs
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Mela - Bharath to the Bay
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Shiva's Restaurant, Mountain View
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Balaji Temple - December Events
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Astrologer Mahendra Swamy
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
Documenting History: NDTV Presents
Indian television channel NDTV 24X7, which recently began a weekly half-hour slot for short films after it entered into a partnership with the Prasar Bharati-supported Public Service Broadcasting Trust, has now increased the telecast of documentaries from mid-March. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): Scenes from the documentary film “The House on Gulmohar Avenue.”
Indian television channel NDTV 24X7, which recently began a weekly half-hour slot for short films after it entered into a partnership with the Prasar Bharati-supported Public Service Broadcasting Trust recently, has now decided to increase the telecast of documentaries from mid-March.
At present, NDTV telecasts short and reality films each week on its flagship channel NDTV 24x7 as part of the series Documentary 24x7, every Thursday afternoon and repeated on Sundays nights.
NDTV producer Gunjan Jain, who recently attended the Mumbai International Film Festival for documentary, short and animation films to scout for good films, said that the half-hour and one hour slots may be alternated depending on the length of the films received by the channel for telecast.
According to a PSBT spokesperson, the partnership provides an ideal platform for the exploration of myriad issues that these documentaries deal with, and for enhancing the viewership of powerful and insightful content. The effort will go a long way in creating and encouraging a public culture of documentary appreciation and engagement.
Renowned filmmaker and PSBT chairperson Adoor Gopalakrishnan said, “We welcome exposure for the excellent films produced by PSBT on a private commercial channel. “With the terrible decline in the standards of commercial television, this is a very praiseworthy effort by NDTV. Our films are produced by independent filmmakers, most of them young, partially funded by Doordarshan. The future for public broadcasting lies in efforts such as these that demonstrate the potential of public-private partnerships.”
Here is a preview of two documentaries shown on Documentary 24x7.
‘The House on Gulmohar Avenue’
Samina Mishra is the great granddaughter of former Indian President Dr Zakir Husain. She’s a filmmaker whose films delve into the many identities that Indian women have to contend with.
Her film The House on Gulmohar Avenue traces the personal journey of the filmmaker through the ideas of identity and belonging. The film is set in a part of New Delhi called Okhla, where four generations of the filmmaker’s family have lived, an area that is predominantly inhabited by Muslims. Set against a quiet presence of the political context in India, the film seeks an honest and deeply personal understanding of what this means - when she is aware of being Muslim, when does it matter to her and when is it easier to forget it.
‘Where is Home’
A Sophia Polytechnic production, Where is Home explores the emotional conflicts suffered by the culturally rich minority community of Jews living in Mumbai. Far away from their homeland, Israel, and with their age-old traditions fast fading, the community is constantly struggling to etch out an identity for themselves.
Launched in 2003, NDTV 24x7 is the flagship 24-hour English news channel with news from India and abroad, entertainment and sports. The channel is the market leader, featuring many award-winning programs and anchors. The channel is home to a team of award winning journalists who spearhead the news campaign — Dr. Prannoy Roy, Barkha Dutt and Vikram Chandra among others. The channel produces original content such as documentaries and special reports and showcases award winning programs like We the People and The Big Fight.