A Desi Tech Blog
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- The Siliconeer Mobile App: Download it today!
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Gilroy Gardens - Theme Park - Special Deals
- Safir Tours - Australia Calling - Daily Deals for Visiting Australia
- Real Ice Cream - Bangalore Cafe, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale - Beat the Heat!
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: July 2014 Events
- Bhindi Jewellers - Eid Specials!
- FIA India Independence Day Mela & Parade in Fremont, Calif., Aug. 15-17
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and Accountants
- California Temple Schedules
- Jay Bharat Restaurant, Newark: Grand Opening
- Submit Your Fiction Stories to Siliconeer
- M&K Travel - Low Fares on Air & Cruise
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India: Summer Travel Deals
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria- Litigation Experts FREE Seminar on Estate Planning - July 24
- FREMONT: Canvas Infotech - IT Training
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
An Ode to Gurudev: Celebrating 150 Years of Tagore
Indian Consulate in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Bengali group, Pashchimi, got together to mark the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): (Left): Portrait of Rabindranath Tagore. (Right): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
The Consulate General of India in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Pashchimi, a Bengali organization fondly celebrated the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
In an evening filled with poetry, songs and drama, “Gurudev,” as Tagore was fondly called, was recited, sung and acted by the local Bengali residents of San Francisco Bay Area at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
(Above): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
Speaking at the occasion, Indian Consul General Susmita G. Thomas remembered Tagore and said that he was the only poet in the world to have contributed to the national anthems of three nations — India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
The event itself was very well organized by the Consulate and Pashchimi members.
Rabindranath Tagore was the ambassador of Indian culture to the rest of the world. He is probably the most prominent figure in the cultural world of Indian subcontinent and the first Asian person to be awarded with the Nobel prize.