- Siliconeer - Diwali Greetings
- Siliconeer Mobile App - Download Now
- Siliconeer - Multimedia Magazine - email-Subscription
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Comcast Xfinity Triple Place Voice
- India.com - Pani Puri
- State Farm Insurance
- Wells Fargo Bank - Diwali Special Offer
- Roya Sona Masoori Rice
- Calcoast Mortgage - Home Loans - Diwali Greetings
- New Homes in Silicon Valley: City Ventures - Almaden Crossing
- Real Ice Cream - Bangalore Cafe, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale - Beat the Heat!
- Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta & Vijay Shah
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: Diwali Mela - Oct 17-19
- Bhindi Jewellers - Diwali Special Sale
- Frontier Heritage Boutique - Artesia - Festive Sale Now on
- India Chaat Cuisine, Sunnyvale
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: Special Sale
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and Accountants
- California Temple Schedules
- Mango Garden - Fremont - South East Asian Cuisine - COUPON
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria - Labor Law
- Sri Venkatesh Bhavan - Pleasanton - South Indian Food
- Alam Accountancy Corporation - Business & Tax Services
- Xpressions: Haldiram Sweets for Diwali
- Coconut Hill Groceries, Fremont
- FREMONT: Canvas Infotech - IT Training
- Chaat Paradise, Mountain View & Fremont
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- God's Love
- God's Love - Glorious Second Coming
- Kumar Jewelers: Special Diwali Sale
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
An Ode to Gurudev: Celebrating 150 Years of Tagore
Indian Consulate in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Bengali group, Pashchimi, got together to mark the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): (Left): Portrait of Rabindranath Tagore. (Right): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
The Consulate General of India in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Pashchimi, a Bengali organization fondly celebrated the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
In an evening filled with poetry, songs and drama, “Gurudev,” as Tagore was fondly called, was recited, sung and acted by the local Bengali residents of San Francisco Bay Area at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
(Above): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
Speaking at the occasion, Indian Consul General Susmita G. Thomas remembered Tagore and said that he was the only poet in the world to have contributed to the national anthems of three nations — India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
The event itself was very well organized by the Consulate and Pashchimi members.
Rabindranath Tagore was the ambassador of Indian culture to the rest of the world. He is probably the most prominent figure in the cultural world of Indian subcontinent and the first Asian person to be awarded with the Nobel prize.