A Desi Tech Blog
- Siliconeer - Celebrating 15 Years
- The Siliconeer Mobile App: Download it today!
- Siliconeer wishes all a Very Happy Holi!
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Almaden Crossing: New Homes in San Jose, Calif. - CityVentures
- Brigade Group: Bangalore Real Estate Properties: Legion Real Estate
- Wells Fargo Bank: Financial Planning
- Yoga Exhibition: San Francisco Asian Art Museum
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation
- SFR: Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: Holi Celebrations: Saturday, March 15
- Super Star South India Property Show
- Bhindi Jewellers - Rolex Watch Specials!
- Alam Accountancy Corporation: CPA - Accounts, Taxes, Payroll and more
- Uppal Dental: Charanjit Uppal DDS - Dental Care Offers
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- New India Bazar: Groceries: DIWALI SALE
- Dipali Dave, DDS - Dream Smile Dental, Fremont
- The Chugh Firm - Attorneys and Accountants
- California Temple Schedules
- Jay Bharat Restaurant, Newark: Grand Opening
- Submit Your Fiction Stories to Siliconeer
- M&K Travel - Low Fares on Air & Cruise
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine & Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Patel Travel - Cheap Air Fares
- Best Brains Franchise, California
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria- Litigation Experts
Estate Planning Seminar
April 17, 2014
- FREMONT: Canvas Infotech - IT Training
- Real Ice Cream & Bangalore Cafe, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
An Ode to Gurudev: Celebrating 150 Years of Tagore
Indian Consulate in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Bengali group, Pashchimi, got together to mark the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): (Left): Portrait of Rabindranath Tagore. (Right): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
The Consulate General of India in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Pashchimi, a Bengali organization fondly celebrated the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
In an evening filled with poetry, songs and drama, “Gurudev,” as Tagore was fondly called, was recited, sung and acted by the local Bengali residents of San Francisco Bay Area at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
(Above): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
Speaking at the occasion, Indian Consul General Susmita G. Thomas remembered Tagore and said that he was the only poet in the world to have contributed to the national anthems of three nations — India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
The event itself was very well organized by the Consulate and Pashchimi members.
Rabindranath Tagore was the ambassador of Indian culture to the rest of the world. He is probably the most prominent figure in the cultural world of Indian subcontinent and the first Asian person to be awarded with the Nobel prize.