A Desi Tech's Blog
- The Siliconeer Mobile App: Download it today!
- Siliconeer wishes all a Very Happy Diwali!
- Visit Incredible India
- Wells Fargo Bank: Financial Independence
- Avex Funding: Home Loans
- Brigade Group: Cosmpolis - Bangalore Real Estate Properties: Legion Real Estate
- Dadi Pariwar USA Foundation
- Astrologer Pandit Pankaj Sharma
- SFR: Buying, Sellling Real Estate in Fremont, SF Bay Area, CA - Happy Living 4U - Realtor Ashok K. Gupta
- Sunnyvale Hindu Temple: Events
- Geet Mala ki Yaadein: Nov 22 - Tribute to Ameen Sayani
- Bhindi Jewellers - Special Diwali Sale and Offers
- Alam Accountancy Corporation: CPA - Accounts, Taxes, Payroll and more
- IC Lounge - Rasam's - Sunnyvale Downtown Now Open!
- Uppal Dental: Charanjit Uppal DDS - Dental Care Offers
- Matrix Insurance Agency: Obamacare - New Healthcare Insurance Policies, Visitors Insurance and more
- Santa Clara Adult Education - IT Classes - Winter Schedule
- New India Bazar: Groceries: DIWALI SALE
- Arya Global Cuisine, Cupertino, Redwood City: Lunch Specials
- Attorney Swapna Anthoor: Anthoor Law Office - Fremont, East Bay and South Bay
- California Temple Schedules
- Christ Church of India - Christmas Fair - San Ramon - San Jose
- Jay Bharat Restaurant, Newark: Grand Opening
- Madras Groceries, Madras Cafe, Sunnyvale
- Taste of India - Fremont
- MILAN Indian Cuisine, Milan Sweet Center, Milpitas
- Indian Holiday Options: Vacation in India
- Park Balluchi, Mountain View - Now Open!OneVision: Surveillance Systems, Camera, Security and more
- Red Kwali Malaysian, Thai and Singapore Cuisine, Milpitas
- Bangalore Cafe - Real Ice Cream: Santa Clara
- Sakoon Restaurant, Mountain View
- Bombay Garden Restaurants, SF Bay Area
- Law Offices of Mahesh Bajoria for Litigation Cases
- FREMONT: Canvas Infotech - IT Training
- Chaat Bhavan, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- Chaat House, Fremont & Sunnyvale
- God's Love
- Kids Castle, Newark Fremont: NEW COUPONS
- Pani Puri Company, Santa Clara
- Pandit Parashar (Astrologer)
- Kumar Jewelers - DIWALI SALE
- Acharya Krishna Kumar Pandey
- Raj Palace, San Jose: Six Dollars - 10 Samosas
An Ode to Gurudev: Celebrating 150 Years of Tagore
Indian Consulate in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Bengali group, Pashchimi, got together to mark the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. A Siliconeer report.
(Above): (Left): Portrait of Rabindranath Tagore. (Right): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
The Consulate General of India in San Francisco and Bay Area-based Pashchimi, a Bengali organization fondly celebrated the 150th. Birth Anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
In an evening filled with poetry, songs and drama, “Gurudev,” as Tagore was fondly called, was recited, sung and acted by the local Bengali residents of San Francisco Bay Area at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
(Above): Pashchimi members presenting Tagore’s plays. [ALL PHOTOS: ASHOK GUPTA | SILICONEER]
Speaking at the occasion, Indian Consul General Susmita G. Thomas remembered Tagore and said that he was the only poet in the world to have contributed to the national anthems of three nations — India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
The event itself was very well organized by the Consulate and Pashchimi members.
Rabindranath Tagore was the ambassador of Indian culture to the rest of the world. He is probably the most prominent figure in the cultural world of Indian subcontinent and the first Asian person to be awarded with the Nobel prize.